Gain international recognitionWCA will allow you to reach a wide global audience and be acknowledged as an active contributor in your community.
WCA will bring together healthcare professionals involved in anaesthesiology and peri-operative medicine from across the world.
At WCA you will engage with fellow researchers, potential co-investigators and mentors in your field.
Extended Abstract Submission deadline: May 31, 2021 (midnight CEST)You will discuss your findings with peers through live chats and discussions.
Your work and research will be published in Anesthesia and Analgesia, an official journal of the WFSA (Impact Factor 4.305).
Abstracts submitted before April 1, 2021All abstracts submitted for WCA 2020 were automatically moved to the virtual WCA 2021. It is not necessary to submit them once more.
Abstract Acceptance NotificationAuthors will be notified about the acceptance or rejection of their Abstract by email by July 31, 2021.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the abstract submission website only.
- Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Presenting authors must register for WCA no later than June 14, 2021.
- Previously Presented/Published Policy: Abstracts that have been previously presented at another meeting may not be submitted.
- Abstracts should be submitted in clear English to allow the reviewers to focus on the scientific content of the abstract. Non-English native speakers are encouraged to have their abstract checked for grammar and spelling prior to submission.
- Instructions for presenting the poster will be communicated by the Congress Secretariat in June 2021.
Submission GuidelinesAbstracts must be submitted in English only.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
Presenting author’s contact details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Email address
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Phone number
Author and co-authors’ detailsAbstract title: maximum 20 words including symbols
Abstract bodyLength: maximum of 300 words including acknowledgments. This does not include the author’s details, titles, tables and figures.
Abstract topic: select the abstract topic per the list of topics.
Images: The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
Abstracts should clearly state:
- Background and aims
- Methods: Which should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the experimental design, the analytical techniques and the statistics used in the study
- Results: Which should contain objective data to answer the scientific question(s). Please be sure to number each table and figure and cite each table and figure in the abstract text.
- Conclusions: Which should provide only conclusions of the study directly supported by the results, along with implications for clinical practice, avoiding speculation and overgeneralisation
Other Items for ConsiderationIn clinical studies, please state whether informed consent was obtained and whether the study was approved by a recognised medical ethics committee.
If the research included in your abstract was supported by a pharmaceutical or diagnostics company, you can indicate this when submitting your abstract.
Please indicate the funding agency of your work if applicable.
Abbreviations should be defined.
If off-label use of drugs was involved in the study, please state this clearly.
The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
Please contact email@example.com if you have not received confirmation within 1 hour of submission - check your spam box.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.